Beautiful Ducklings Stuffy

When I first started out as an indie crafter I did custom orders. My business name then was Beautiful Ducklings after my 3 beautiful children. It was during this journey that I found my true passion of designing.

One of my very first designs was a mascot for my business; a fun stuffed duck.

And so I named the design "Beautiful Ducklings". The response to it just about knocked my socks off! I couldn't believe how many people wanted one of their own! It was definitely the item I sold the most of! 
Eventually I wrote the pattern down and it became the very first pattern I sold! How exciting is that?!

Today I have decided to publish it right here as a FREE pattern!!

These ducks work up so quickly, you can make several in one day!!!


MATERIALS
Worsted Weight Yarn
  *Main Color
 *Accent Color
G Hook
Fiberfill
Felt
  *White
  *Black
Yarn Needle
Optional: Hot Glue Gun

STITCH GUIDE
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dec = decrease
hdc = half double crochet
mr = magic ring
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
trc = treble crochet
Final Measurement: Approx. 7”
Gauge: Not important
Skill Level: Easy
Written in US terms

NOTES:
    *These Ducks were made using Red Heart Super Saver in Pretty ‘n Pink, Spring Green,  Delft Blue, and Pumpkin. 
 *The head/body is worked up in continuous rounds; no joins or chains unless indicated 



HEAD&BODY (One Piece)
Magic ring
1. 6 sc in ring—(START OF HEAD)
2. 2 sc in each st around (12)
3. *sc, 2 sc* around (18)
4. *2 sc, sc x 2* around (24)
5. *2 sc, sc x 3* around (30)
6. sc around
7. hdc around
8-9. Repeat rnds 6 & 7
10. *dec, sc x 3* around (24)
11. hdc around (24)
12. *dec, sc x 2* around (18)
13. hdc around (18)
14. *dec, sc* around (12)
15-18. sc around (12)—(NECK)
STUFF
19. *sc, 2 sc* around (18)—(START OF BODY)
20. *2 sc, sc x 2*around (24)
21. hdc around (24)
22. sc around (24)
23-28. Repeat rnds 21 & 22
29. *dec, sc x 2* around (18)
30. hdc around (18)
STUFF
31. *dec, sc* around (12)
32. dec around (6)
33. dec around (3) Fasten.


WINGS (Make 2)
Magic ring
1. 6 sc in ring
2. 2 sc in each st around (12)
3. *hdc, 2 hdc* around (18)
4. *2 hdc, hdc x 2* around, join with sl st in 1st hdc (24)
5. Fold in half; there should be 11 sts on each side, join these stitches together by working: sc x 9, (trc, dc, sc) in ea of last 3 sts. Fasten.


BEAK
Magic ring
1. 6 sc in ring
2. 2 sc in each st around (12)
3. *hdc, 2 hdc* around (18)
4. *2 hdc, hdc x 2* around, join with sl st in 1st hdc (24)
Fold in half & sew one st in each corner (through both layers) to hold.


FEET (Make 2)
Magic ring
1. 6 sc in ring
2. 2 sc in each st around (12)
3. 2 dc x 2, sc x 3, (trc, dc, dc, sl st)3X, sc x 3, 2 sc x 2 sts, sl st in next st. Fasten.


FINISHING
Attach the beak over rnds 10 & 11.
For eyes, use White & Black felt. Cut to preferred shape and size and attach over beak.
Attach the tip of the wings (with rounded side of wing facing front of Duck) at rnd 20.
Angle the backs of the feet towards each other to leave a small gap between the fronts and attach them so only the toes are sticking out of the front.
Optional: Add Bowtie to make “boy” ducks or hair bow to make “girl” ducks using felt.



I hope you love it as much as I do! Let me know what you think in the comments! You can also share your finished items with me on Facebook or upload them to projects on Ravelry! Join my Blackstone Designs Crochet Community group on Facebook to stay up to date, receive special offers, pattern support, and so much more!

Written Pattern © 2012 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,